Thread: Fusebox and Cable needed

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1992 Previa

Fusebox and Cable needed

I have a 1992 Previa. I need a fuse box (located by the battery) and the cable attached to it (battery cable?). Thanks.

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Re: Fusebox and Cable needed

Previas with ABS must have the fusible link box from a Previa with ABS. If your Previa doesn't have ABS you can use either. There are pics of both in THIS THREAD. Good luck with your search. Tim

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1992 Previa

Thank you. Having bought the Previa second hand I don't know if it's ABS. How do I tell. Thanks.

Lana

My Van(s):
    Lots of them

Try clicking the link I furnished in my last post. I have nice color photos that should answer your question. If you already threw away the old parts, then call Toyota with your VIN and they can tell you if it has ABS. You can also physically check the for speed sensors and associated wires to the front hubs, then there's the big ABS unit that will be under the hood (passenger side down low between the engine oil tank and the radiator overflow tank) and that will have 5 metal brake lines going to it. Tim

Forum Newbie
    My Van(s):
    1992 Previa

Hey! Thanks for the information. We took the van back to the first mechanic who had diagnosed the problem as a fuel pump ($514.00 to replace). We showed them the problem. They pulled the fuse box and the cable off. They have cleaned the fusebox and a local company (Tidewater Battery) has made a new cable. The total cost, including labor, will be around $250.00, opposed to the $1600.00 quote for new parts. I'll let you know if this works for us and then I'll publish the name and location of the company that has made the cable. I can't imagine paying Toyota $800.00 for the cable. Thanks again and I'll let you know if it works. We're praying that it does!

Lana Olson